Technistone - Environmentally friendly Production
Technistone product is high-quality, solid, composite material, built-up from hard, inorganic, polishable granulates, compactly bound together with a binder and a filler, colored with various pigments, having a smooth, resistant surface, in a variety of sizes and with a wide range of applications.
The natural or non-chemical portion in the product is approximately 90%. Technistone® is produced from:
• inert materials (granulates – crushed granites, crushed quartz, crushed mirrors, siliceous sand, etc.)
• fillers (micronized siliceous raw material)
• binder (polyester resin)
• mostly inorganic color pigments
• other minor additives.
Usage of recycled raw materials
Especially in production group Mirrors (commercial names of products Starlight, Venetian, Translucent and Fresh) there is a high percentage (20 - 50%) of recycled mirror and glass chips as raw materials and thus TechniStone® contributes to consumption of waste materials from other producers and its transformation into a high-end consumer product with high additional value.
Off-cut products waste from TechniStone® tiles production is recycled again within Venetian colors production, where a considerable portion of crushed pieces of Starlight subgroup colors is used as raw material. In this way TechniStone® decreases the residual material that is difficult to process further on or even depot in waste depots.
Undersizes from recycled glass crushing and sieving process are collected and reused in several products as a replacement of part of silica sand raw material. All packing materials used on TechniStone® slabs or tiles are from 100% recycled PE or cardboard paper.
Polyester resin used as a binder in TechniStone® is dissolved in styrene. The styrene is inevitably partially released during the process of production. Technistone has got the strict system of controlled burning of all released styrene.
The system is regularly inspected by state authorities under European standards. During crushing of the granites, mirror chips and other raw materials some dust might be released in the air. Therefore in every production hall there effective dust collectors are installed.
These collectors secure that remaining emissions meet strict emissions limits.
The whole production settings meet requirements of Directions of European Council on environment and air purity Nos. 91/962/EU, 96/62/EU and 2000/76/EC.
contribution to decrease of water consumption by purification
- 95% of waste water from the whole factory is carefully recycled and comes back into the production process.
- Technistone has installed its own Water Sewerage Plant with yearly output of 165 Th. m3 monthly. The equipment works according to strict European standards. The sewage mud is handed over to another local manufacturer who uses the mud as a raw material for production of construction bricks.
- 100% of separation solutions are recycled in Technistone resulting in zero waste.
- 70% of solvents are recycled in Technistone. The rest is carefully sorted, followed, categorized and handed over to professional waste companies.
- 50% of oils used as a heating medium are recycled in Technistone. The rest is carefully sorted, followed, categorized and handed over to professional waste companies.
All production buildings, installed technology and whole production process were carefully evaluated and approved according to European regulation EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment) before production settings.
TechniStone® green certificates
Environment become a priority for Technistone in recent years and now, when sustainable practices are becoming popular in our world, we are proud to say that this course for us for decades.
TechniStone® is one of the first surfacing companies to receive 2 prestigious green certificates:
- SCS Global Services - Indoor Advantage Gold
- SCS Global Services - Recycled content
TechniStone® also earned a Health Product Declaration (HPDs) which provide a full disclosure of the potential chemicals of concern in products by comparing product ingredients to a wide variety of “hazard” lists published by government authorities and scientific associations.
SCS Global Services - Indoor Advantage Gold
All TechniStone® products do not emit any substances, that could negatively affect air quality in enclosed area. Our materials meet the most demanding standards and criteria according to CA 01350 and ANSI / BIFMA M7.1.
SCS Global Services - Recycled Content
Recycle Content certification is valid only for selected products of TechniStone®, which are certified and divided in 4 categories according to the content of recycled ingredients in the product.
Technistone have 26 certified products for year 2017 with minimum 20%, 30%, 40% or 70% of recycled content in the product.
Economic, ecological and elegant
Ecology and Environmental Protection are among the most important and frequently discussed topics nowadays so we decided to expand TechniStone® portfolio for the offer of Eco colors. Ecological and cost effective products from the Elegance range are a medium coarse texture in earthy colors with shades of white, grey and beige. The products are certified by SCS Global Services, the content of recycled components in the product is 30 % in minimum. You will find them under the names Elegance Eco Nev, Elegance Eco Zen and Elegance Eco Ash.
LEED, or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is changing the way we think about how buildings and communities are planned, constructed, maintained and operated. Leaders around the world have made LEED the most widely used third-party verification for green buildings, with around 1.85 million square feet being certified daily.
LEED works for all buildings—from homes to corporate headquarters—at all phases of development. Projects pursuing LEED certification earn points across several areas that address sustainability issues. Based on the number of points achieved, a project then receives one of four LEED rating levels: Certified, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
LEED-certified buildings are resource efficient. They use less water and energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. As an added bonus, they save money. Learn more about why LEED continues to be the leading benchmark in green building.
Technistone can offer customers the possibility of obtaining 3 LEED points:
Building Product Disclosure & Optimization - Sourcing of Raw materials
- TechniStone® materials can obtain from 20% to 70% of recycled content in the product.
Building Product Disclosure & Optimization - Material Ingredients
- Technistone holds Health Product Declaration (HPD), which provide a full disclosure of the potential chemicals of concern in products by comparing product ingredients to a wide variety of “hazard” lists.
- All TechniStone® products do not emit any substances, that could negatively affect air quality in enclosed area.