Technistone - Environmentally friendly Production
Not only are all TechniStone® products premium quality, but also they are environmentally friendly. We hold several "green certificates" and we want to expand their numbers in the future.
TechniStone® hardened stone contains over 90% of natural ingredients! It is made of inert materials (granulates - crushed granite, quartz and mirrors, etc.), fillers (micronized quartz raw material), binders (polyester resin) and color pigments of inorganic character
Usage of recycled raw materials
Some TechniStone® products contain 20% - 70% of recycled raw materials; thereby Technistone is helping to recycle third-party waste. How does it work?
Residues from crushing and screening of recycled mirror and glass shards are reused when mixing pigments as carriers. All packaging materials are also environmentally friendly - 100% recycled PE or cardboard.
Technistone is also gentle to the air! There is a strict combustion control system for released styrene (polyester resin used as binder is dissolved in styrene), which is monitored by competent authorities according to European standards. In addition, powerful dust collectors are available in each production hall, which is used, for example, in granite crushing.
The entire manufacturing process is compliant with the European Commission's Environmental and Air Cleaner Regulation: Nos. 91/962/EU, 96/62/EU and 2000/76/EC.
contribution to decrease of water consumption by purification
- 95% of waste water from the whole factory is carefully recycled and comes back into the production process.
- Technistone has installed its own Water Sewerage Plant with yearly output of 165 Th. m3 monthly. The equipment works according to strict European standards. The sewage mud is handed over to another local manufacturer who uses the mud as a raw material for production of construction bricks.
- 100% of separation solutions are recycled in Technistone resulting in zero waste.
- 70% of solvents are recycled in Technistone. The rest is carefully sorted, followed, categorized and handed over to professional waste companies.
- 50% of oils used as a heating medium are recycled in Technistone. The rest is carefully sorted, followed, categorized and handed over to professional waste companies.
We also cooperate on a regional level to protect the environment. Waste sludge is passed to a local producer who uses this sludge as a raw material for the production of building bricks.
The production halls, the installed technology and the entire production process have been properly evaluated and approved before the start of production according to the European Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) standards. All manufacturing processes in Technistone are regularly inspected by the supervisory authorities of the Ministry of the Environment.
TechniStone® green certificates
Environment become a priority for Technistone in recent years and now, when sustainable practices are becoming popular in our world, we are proud to say that this course for us for decades.
TechniStone® is one of the first surfacing companies to receive 2 prestigious green certificates:
- SCS Global Services - Indoor Advantage Gold
- SCS Global Services - Recycled content
TechniStone® also earned a Health Product Declaration (HPDs) which provide a full disclosure of the potential chemicals of concern in products by comparing product ingredients to a wide variety of “hazard” lists published by government authorities and scientific associations.
SCS Global Services - Indoor Advantage Gold
All TechniStone® products do not emit any substances, that could negatively affect air quality in enclosed area. Our materials meet the most demanding standards and criteria according to CA 01350 and ANSI / BIFMA M7.1.
SCS Global Services - Recycled Content
Recycle Content certification is valid only for selected products of TechniStone®, which are certified and divided in 4 categories according to the content of recycled ingredients in the product.
Technistone have 26 certified products for year 2017 with minimum 20%, 30%, 40% or 70% of recycled content in the product.
Economic, ecological and elegant
Ecology and Environmental Protection are among the most important and frequently discussed topics nowadays so we decided to expand TechniStone® portfolio for the offer of Eco colors. Ecological and cost effective products from the Elegance range are a medium coarse texture in earthy colors with shades of white, grey and beige. The products are certified by SCS Global Services, the content of recycled components in the product is 30 % in minimum. You will find them under the names Elegance Eco Nev, Elegance Eco Zen and Elegance Eco Ash.
LEED, or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is changing the way we think about how buildings and communities are planned, constructed, maintained and operated. Leaders around the world have made LEED the most widely used third-party verification for green buildings, with around 1.85 million square feet being certified daily.
LEED works for all buildings—from homes to corporate headquarters—at all phases of development. Projects pursuing LEED certification earn points across several areas that address sustainability issues. Based on the number of points achieved, a project then receives one of four LEED rating levels: Certified, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
LEED-certified buildings are resource efficient. They use less water and energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. As an added bonus, they save money. Learn more about why LEED continues to be the leading benchmark in green building.
Technistone can offer customers the possibility of obtaining 3 LEED points:
Building Product Disclosure & Optimization - Sourcing of Raw materials
- TechniStone® materials can obtain from 20% to 70% of recycled content in the product.
Building Product Disclosure & Optimization - Material Ingredients
- Technistone holds Health Product Declaration (HPD), which provide a full disclosure of the potential chemicals of concern in products by comparing product ingredients to a wide variety of “hazard” lists.
- All TechniStone® products do not emit any substances, that could negatively affect air quality in enclosed area.