TechniStone® materials and products are of some of the most high quality and durable goods available on the market today, but they are not without limitations. These basic principles and guidelines for daily use and regular maintenance will help to ensure their continued long life and beauty.
In order to safeguard the long-term gloss it is not recommended to regularly cut food or other products directly on the surface.
- Heightened caution be observed while using special knives and sharp objects (steak knives, grill needles and spikes, etc.).
Hot objects are not recommended to be placed directly on the surface without the use of an insulating pad.
- Hot iron/stainless steel utensils, cigarettes, lamps, etc. can cause significant material damage
Proceed with caution when handling utensils and other metal objects especially on the edges or corners of the surface (even the hardest stone can be damaged by heavy objects).
The stains caused by liquid substances (coffee, tea, oil, juice from fruits and vegetables, blood, kitchen cleaning agents etc.) should be removed by water as soon as possible or by the use one of the recommended cleaning agents if necessary.
- Avoid using of cleaning agents containing hydrochloric acid, phosphoric acid, sodium hydroxide, hydrogen peroxide and other cleaning additives can cause irreversible changes to the material’s color (Savo, drain cleaners, mold, grease and scale cleaners, etc.).
It is possible to treat TechniStone® material by non-concentrated cleaning agents. However, we recommend to use products of following companies for frequent maintenance: Technistone, a.s. (Orange cleaner), Fila, Bellinzoni, HG International, Moeller Chemie, Lithofin, Akemi, Lasselsberger, Tenax, etc.
There are also special products on the market designed to increase protection against stains (impregnations, various products containing waxes). It is recommended to use TS Protection.
It is necessary to observe and respect the manufacturers’ recommendations of as well recommended application process of cleaning agents. After using the cleaning agent it must always be removed from the surface and washed thoroughly with water.
Cleaning in high traffic areas (shops, clubs,...)
In general, it is recommended to entrust the cleaning and impregnation in hight traffic areas to specialized companies. However we list at least some of the most important rules:
- For cleaning of continuously very dirty tiles, use only recommended products and not the mixtures of chemicals (lye, hydrochloric acid, hypochlorite...). Before using a chosen cleaning or protecting agent (especially valid for industrial cleaning agents for the floors cleaning), it is necessary to test it on a small area and only after the evaluation of the results on a dried-up product to carry out the overall application!
- For the protection of TechniStone® product in high traffic areas, use recommended protection and impregnation agents.
Protection and impregnation agents are always applied on a clean and dry surface.
- In case of higher mechanical load of the product combined with greater presence of abrasive and liquid contaminants it is expected and recommended to install a cleaning zone (brushes) in front of the area where the quartz surface is installed. Especially in winter season, this zone collects a great part of impurities and in this way protects the product surface and prevents from quick decrease of the protective wax layer. It is recommended to install the cleaning zones especially in shops, offices, halls, corridors with the entrance directly from the street.
In order to protect products with special surfaces (brushed, honed and slate surfaces) use impregnation products recommended by the producer. For the protection of products installed in high traffic areas (floors in public spaces, public toilets, kitchens in restauarnts, etc.), it is also recommended to impregnate the surface.
According to the load level it is necessary to renew the impregnation from while to while. It is recommended to entrust the application to a specialized company. Protecting and impregnating agents are applied and spread by a microfilament mop on a clean and dry surface. Excessive agent is to be wiped away. Once the protecting or impregnating coating is dry, polish it over. If you do the polishing by a machine, it is always necessary to use only the disks with artificial fibers (PAD LUX) and not disks with steel wires!